Welcome to the Chipperfield Parish Council website which has the overall objective of making the council more open and accessible to the community as a whole and to provide the community with access to all up to date council business and activities. We are now based at The Village Hall, The Common, Chipperfield, WD4 9BS.
The Vision of the Parish Council is to work together to improve the Quality of Life for all people of the Parish. To retain the existing character and community spirit within the Parish whilst encouraging the development of a strong, inclusive and vibrant community, and, to ensure that all age groups, social groupings and economic sectors are included, addressing their needs and giving them the opportunity to thrive and develop.
Aims and Objectives
Your Council aims to:-
- Provide an effective and accountable local government for the Parish.
- Identify, in partnership with the parishioners & other bodies, the needs of the Parish and seek ways in meeting them.
- Manage the council’s assets and finances effectively to achieve best value.
- Planning and Development.
- To formulate a strategy for the long term development of the Parish.
- Provide views on all relevant consultations, including views on planning applications.
- To raise awareness of the need for a sustainable environment for the Parish.
- Establish close links with the Dacorum Conservation Officer in order to assist in control of inappropriate urban style development in our rural village.
- Continue to ensure the needs and views of Chipperfield are presented as appropriate to the wider community including Dacorum Borough Council and Hertfordshire County Council.
- Maintain and manage the Common, in partnership with the Dacorum Woodland Officer.
- Provide cost effective management of the allotment field.
- Seek ways to reduce litter in the Parish.
- Provide safer traffic movements in the Parish by continuing to press for urgent attention to highways matters.
- Continue to press for a safer community through liaison with the Police.
- Encourage provision of facilities for the youth of the village.
- To support all village organisations and societies providing grant funding where appropriate.